Friday, January 7, 2011

My Daily: Truing Wheels

Today, I received my newly trued wheels back from a lbs. At first, I was stoked on how much better they felt than my wobbly rims but unfortunately for me, this did not last long. Once I remounted them, I went out and rode some local spots, mostly just practicing my hop bars again. After a few minutes, I heard a weird vibrating noise in my front wheel. This happened to me before so I knew it was loose spokes, but I just couldn't believe that they untrued that fast. I continued to check my wheel to see I was right, one of my spokes was extremely loose. I couldn't really do anything about it so I continued on with my session. By the end, numerous spokes were loose and my front wheel was already untrue. I don't know if this is because of a poor mechanic or my unclean landings but I am very disappointed. Two good things came out of this though, I'm getting my hop bars down and it showed me that if I continue ridding FGFS I need to invest in a truing stand. On another note, I'm going to try to start filming for an edit this weekend although I am quite busy so no promises. Also, on a blog related note, I'm trying to create a logo. Unfortunately for me, I have no experience with Adobe Illustrator so I mess up a lot. Lastly, I want to thank all of my readers for helping me pass up 1000 views today. It means a lot to me that you guys read my stuff and I hope to keep you guys entertained through my posts. Unfortunately, schools back so I may not post as much some days but I will definitely post at least once a day. Thank you all for the support, spread the word about Gnarnia Bikes!

IMG_0230


No comments:

Post a Comment