Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Daily: Put Down By the Man

The last few days I've been working on some new stuff and I feel like I'm progressing really well. On Thursday, I went out to my old Elementary school and had a little session before I had Track practice. I ended up arriving when the kids were just getting out so when I was working on my tree ride, they would chase me back and forth pretending to shoot lasers at me. It was pretty funny but after a few attempts I decided it was time to work on some other stuff. Next, I went over to the blacktop area to perfect my hop bars and other flatland tricks. These are actually getting easier for me and I think I land them about 80% of the time. In addition to learning hop bars, I also wanted to try nose pivot sliders but I didn't land many so I kinda gave up for that day. As I was resting and getting my energy back, I thought to myself if 180 sliders would be easier. After I recovered, I tried my hand at these and to my amazement, I landed a lot first day trying. The weird thing about these comes Friday and Saturday though so keep reading! On Friday, I rode over to the river bed which has some fun stuff like banks and some other things I can't really explain. This was actually the first time I rode here, I just heard about it from a lot of other people. In a nutshell, I did two things there. The first was just ridding the banks and doing 180's on them and such. I didn't really know what other tricks I could do. After that got tedious, I worked on some flat land stuff because its pretty wide and open there. I tried 180 sliders right off the bat but for some reason, I couldn't land many. It was really weird but I ended up just blaming the wind. The river bed is also where I took the picture at the bottom of the post which I think turned out really good for an Iphone 3g. This also leads us to the next day, Saturday. I wanted to get some filming done so I hit up my buddy Austenn and we decided to ride later in the day. Before we met up, I went back to my Elementary School to kind of warm up. This was where I tried 180 sliders again but didn't succeed. But the weirder thing was that they ended up becoming a whole different trick. I have no idea what it is called though. Its basically a 180 onto your back wheel and then another 180, kind of. If anyone knows what this is please leave a comment. I also started trying to catch my hop bars more often but unfortunately for me, this led to me injuring my fingers by jamming them into my bars. After they hurt too much, I went home because I didn't want to hurt myself anymore before filming. After I relaxed a little I went over to Austenn's house to go film. We rode over to HBHS and tricked a little bit, but for some reason I just wasn't up for filming that day. We ended up just hanging out there and hitting up some stairs as well a some more flatland stuff. Theres a 3 stair there and I really wanted to 180 off of it but I just didn't have the balls, it really sucked. Before leaving, I jumped a 5 or 6 stair (I don't remember), and after a few jumps, some guy from the school rolled up in his car and yelled at us to leave. Another time that bikers get put down by the man. I don't really understand why we got kicked off. We weren't disrupting any people and it wasn't like we were hurting the campus. If people don't want us riding street spots, they should make some more skate parks/ bike parks so we actually have an option. On a mechanical note, I fixed my bike's headset and now it spins like butter. On a more devastating note, I think my wheels are more f'd up than ever. I really need some money for a truing stand. Overall, I think I'm progressing quite nicely and I really want to ride more as well as post more personal entries so expect more Dailys and Reviews in the upcoming weeks!

IMG_0294

2 comments:

  1. Was it a 360 tire tap? Like in the beginning of this bmx vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMhMfqu8RdI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaa it was I just looked it up thank man!

    ReplyDelete