Monday, January 31, 2011

My Daily: Abandoned School 180's

My school has today off so I might as well make it a good day. I woke up around 7 and had a little ukulele jam sesh and began working on learning Grenade by Bruno Mars. You may think its weird to play the uke but chicks think its adorable trust me. After playing and studying a little bit, I drove my siblings to school and then when I got home, I did a little maintenance on my bike then went out to ride. My goal for today was to hit up a spot that I recognized in an Erik Vehemyer action shot so went out to look for it. After around 15 minutes, I found the spot but unfortunately for me, the store had things set up in my way so I decided to go over to the park across my school instead. Theres a few benches and a manny pad as well as an abandoned school there. The manny pad is more of a skater spot because its really low but I attempted a few nose manuals onto it. That got boring really fast so I went over to the abandoned school. Theres a little launch ramp that is kinda short so I decided that it would be a good start for learning how to 180 off of things. Just a little background on the school, its been abandoned for years and nobody has taken care of it so theres weeds and glass everywhere. Not exactly the best place to ride but still decent. Well now back to the day, my first couple attempts at 180's seemed really awkward and I would do like a 90 and fall but not after too many attempts, I got them down. They're actually more fun than I thought they would be. They aren't like a normal 180's, they just feel more fluid. After landing a bunch, I began to speed up although I still don't think I landed that far. As I was saying before, the school isn't really cared for and it just rained yesterday so I landed awkwardly on a wet spot and slipped. Overall, I think it was a pretty progressive day so far but unfortunately, I have to go work on a school project now but I'll probably go riding again later tonight. Ohh I totally forgot, I worked on some more basic flatland stuff this weekend and really worked on doing tricks faster and i think I'm getting more comfortable with that as well.

IMG_0315


No comments:

Post a Comment