Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gnarnia Product Review: Odyssey Aaron Ross Grips

My grips are heading towards the point of falling apart so I thought it would be the perfect time to write up a little review on them. During summer, I was in need of new grips so I stopped by my local bike store to check some out. While I was browsing around, I saw Animal Edwin Grips, which I heard were extremely comfy. The guy got me these and they seemed to live up to their hype, but then all of a sudden, in the corner of my eye, I saw the Odyssey Aaron Ross grips. My geeky side took over and I asked to check them out. My first impression was that they were sick looking and that they were actually quite comfy. I ended up buying these, for the most part, because they look awesome (By the way, I bought these when I was just using my bike as a commuter). Now on to the actual review. Like every product, this one has its pros and cons. One good thing would be that they really are quite comfortable. They made the ride really nice on my commuter and they grip pretty well on my current FGFS bike. Another thing would be that they look cool. The only other good thing about them that I can think of is that they come with pretty good bar ends. Now on to the bad things about these grips. Unfortunately for Odyssey, the geeky aspect did not overcome all the bad things about these grips in my opinion. For one, they were not very durable. The keys started falling off with minor usage and they rip easily. The ripping might be due to another faulty quality of the grips, throttle grip. Every session, I get throttle grip which not only ruins the geeky aspect but also makes the grip more likely to rip. The bad things do not end here. Another would be that they stretch out and slide down your bars way too easily. The last thing I can think of would be that they get slippery when your hands sweat. Overall, I don't think the aesthetics can overcome the faulty qualities of this grip and I would give it a 6 out of 10. If you still want them, you can purchase them HERE.

IMG_0288
Odyssey Aaron Ross Grips

No comments:

Post a Comment