Sunday, January 16, 2011

I am Los Angeles: Sean Martin

I really like this bit from Take Over LA. Martin really explains the essence of the city correctly. OC isn't as crazy but you definitely still have to deal with drivers who don't pay attention or just don't care. It's part of the reason why I love riding fixed gears though, you always have to be on alert but at the same time you get to enjoy everything in between point A and point B. Another thing that struck me in this video was that Martin said that the group rides in LA get around 100 people a night. I don't think any of the group rides in OC have even come close but they're still a lot of fun. This summer me and a friend may start our own group ride. I feel as though the fixed gear community in my area has died down so I really want to bring it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment