Monday, May 23, 2011

Bangin' Bikes: My Bruiser on 26"

If you've been following my blog, you know that my mom ran over my rear wheel a while back. I looked at that situation as a positive seeing it as the perfect time to try dual 26". I'll do another post soon explaining my views but just know that I think they both have pros and cons. Now back to my actual bike. I would be running dual 1.95s like in the picture but I ripped two spokes out on a grind and it disfigured the rim (permanently untrue). Also, I'm running a small and it has unlimited barspin clearance. In addition, theres a little wiggle room with a 1.95 but nothing crazy (if you untrue rims quick I'd stick to 1.95s or so). The bottom bracket on the frame is also a little low even on 700c but its not unbearable.

Specs:
Frame- Small Milwaukee Bruiser
Fork- Leader Shadow Fork
Headset- Tange
Stem- Random 25.4 50mm Ebay Stem
Bars- Blk Mrkt Bada Bing Bars 28 inches wide
Grips- ODI Longneck XL
Seatpost and Clamp- Random
Seat- Charge Bucket
Cranks- 160mm Demolition Medials
Pedals- Primo Pc
Straps- Homemade but now Molecule Protos
Sprocket- 36t Mosh
Cog- 12t Sadio Cog and Lockring
Wheels- Dual 26" Atomlab GI to Profile Rear and Demo Mary-Kate Front (rear rim bent)
Tires- Front 1.95 and Rear 1.95 (Kenda k841)
Chain- KMC

DSCF0325
DSCF0340
DSCF0342

No comments:

Post a Comment